Sunday, June 21, 2009

Edison Chen in Bangsar Malaysia for his boutique opening!!


KUALA LUMPUR: Controversial Hong Kong actor and singer Edison Chen is still not ready to get back into high-profile entertainment work as he is not comfortable about it just yet.

Edison, 28, said that apart from producing some films, he had not given much thought about entertainment, adding with a laugh:

“I still don’t know if I am comfortable with that. Honestly, I don’t know if people are comfortable with me doing that.”

However, he assured his fans that he would be involved in singing and acting “in a different way”.

“I’m producing albums for some artistes. I’m still trying to find that median but at this point, I love my job,” he told The Star after the launch of the Juice clothing store, which he co-owns with businessman Kevin Poon in Bangsar here yesterday.

In January last year, pictures of Edison and various Hong Kong starlets such as Gillian Chung and Cecilia Cheung were leaked onto the Internet.

The enormous fallout has damaged the careers of not only Edison but some of the women as well. The computer technician who stole the images from Edison’s laptop which was sent in for repairs was convicted on April 29.

At the interview, where Poon and Malaysian partner for the Bangsar store, Edwin Choong, were also fielded questions, Edison said working in the streetwear/event/media business has given him a different creative outlet through which he hoped to influence the entertainment market as well.

“I’m there but not really there (yet). Maybe I’m there in the background instead of being in the front now.

“But no disrespect to acting or music, I love it. I love acting definitely. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t be producing a movie and if I didn’t love music, I wouldn’t want to go into the studio and produce the music of my artistes,” he said.

Edison said he hoped to get back into singing and acting one day.

For now, he will be building up his business in Malaysia and following up with more stores.

The Bangsar store, the first outside Hong Kong, stocks the in-house label Clot and various streetwear, urban clothing and footwear.

Edison, Poon, Choong and Hong Kong actor Sam Lee jointly launched the store.

Also present were Edison’s parents and sister who had arrived from Canada.

Some die-hard fans had camped outside the store as early as the night before to catch a glimpse of Edison.

Leona Feng, an 18-year-old student, said she has been a big fan of Edison since she was in Form 1.

“He’s so handsome and so hot. And he’s multi-talented. He can act and sing. I want to try and get his autograph and touch his hand,” she said

Source : The Star
Picture Source : click here

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice topic of"Edison Chen in Bangsar Malaysia for his boutique opening!!".....Also your post is very entertainment for us to read...Thanking you....Keep posting interesting matters here...




tv

Bookmark