Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Joker

I am not a fan of Superheros....it's like boy's stuff. But since now I am married and my hubby is still a boy at heart :), he grew up with the superheros....so I gotta accompany him to all these superheros movies.

So it's not all that bad...cos I was so impressed with Iron Man. Ohhh, so in love with Robert Downey Jr. He is just incredible. Really impressive performance, according to my hubby, he delivered Johnny Stark's character to a T.

Then there was Hulk. I was rather reluctant to go see this. The green monster - not my kind of thing but it was my hubby's favourite character etc etc... so I went. well, it was ok. I did not particularly liked it, it was just ok for me. My highlight was definitely the ending when Robert Downey Jr as Johnny Stark appeared. That was so cool.

Now...to Batman. So much rave about it. We decided to catch the morning Sat show at 10am, just nice to watch a movie then lunch and also it's cheap only US$5!! Wow! there was a line outside the cinema at 9.30 when I arrived! And believe me, the cinema hall was full. So I was not surprised when they beat Spiderman as the top grossing movie for the 1st weekend at US$155Million!

As for the show, it was good, since I am not a fan, I can't say it was great. It was a little dark for me and also a lot of things were happening made the storyline a bit too dramatic and sometimes confusing.

But I have to agree that Heath Ledger as The Joker was really impressive!!! He wasn't like a clown joker (which I think previous portrayals were a bit more clownish). He was a bit dark, a bit on the edge and yet so cool like no care for the world or whatever. I especially like the end when he was plunging to his death, he was just laughing...... :) No no...I did not give the end away...did he die?? Go watch the show if you haven't.

It's unfortunate but the real Heath Ledger did die.
I really wonder if he will get an Oscar nominations - so many speculations on this, we'll see!

No comments:

Bookmark