Tuesday, August 26, 2008

American Idol 4th Judge?


Hmmm...this is probably an attempt to revive the American Idol series, now that it is running into it's 8th season. Don't get me wrong.....American Idol is still the highest rated reality show in US but the ratings have been dropping year on year.

Also, I guess the producer do feel the need to inject a bit of difference into the show vs the same old faces.

So who is this 4th Judge?

Kara Dioguardi. Errrr.....who? I have never heard of her. She is a grammy nominated song writer. DioGuardio's songs have been recorded by Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Celine Dion, Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood and Pink, among others.

These are my thots -

1) Maybe it is my ignorance but I don't know why American Idol has chosen someone so unpopular. Who is she and what's her credibility? She is a song writer, so what does she know about making of a star. She just write the songs right??!! Hopefully, it will not be another bimbo on the show. One is enough.

2) I wonder how that would change the dynamics of the judges. I am assuming that she is going to be a smart judge. Therefore, I think Paula would hate her. I think Simon would want her on his side so he will be nice to her. So we will have 2 dumb-ass judges on one side (Paula and Randy) and then the smart-alecs on another side (Simon and Kara).

3) This I really wonder - how are they going to decide who goes to Hollywood now that there are 4 votes? if 2 say yes and 2 say no, who decides?? Ah ha.... I am sure the producer did not leave this big question mark out so it will be interesting to see how they decide.

4) I just hope this will help Paula to keep her comments short. She is so boring cos she goes on and on and on about how beautiful, wonderful, amazing...each contestants are. So boring. Adding another person on the judging panel...my goodess...the commenting session will be longer than the performances.

What do you all think? Would it be interesting or a bad mistake?

No comments:

Bookmark