Thursday, August 21, 2008

China gymnast controversy....oh oh! I think they have proof!


The controversy on the age of the Chinese female gymnasts continues with new developments.

Apparently a hacker managed to get new information on the age of some of the Chinese gymnasts that proves they are younger than their 16 years of age.

The International Olympic Committee has officially asked the International Gymnastic Federation to look into the ages of these Chinese gymnasts.

One of the girls in question is He Kexin who won gold in the uneven bar individual event narrowly from USA favourite Nastia Liukin. She may stand to lose her gold medal and China team would also stand to lose the gold medal on the overall all around event.

China team and coaches have maintained that all their gymnasts are of eligible age and infact when interviewed, this is what He Kexin has to say ""I was born in 1992, and I'm 16 years old now," He said. "The FIG has proved that. If I'm under 16, I couldn't have been competing here."

I just hope that everything will die down. It will just be too heart-breaking if China cheated and the poor girls are stripped off their medals. Whether they lied or not, I feel they are too young to be blamed. The blame should be on China and its officials.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh oH.. China in trouble! I hope they're not lying:)

Anonymous said...

Carrie - I really hope so too. It will just be too ugly if they were lying.

Bookmark