Thursday, August 7, 2008

Olympics 080808

Somehow I am rather excited about this year's Olympics. I do watch the Olympics but somehow I don't really remember being excited or looking forward to the last 2 Olympics. Maybe I was busy working or just not interested. But this year, I have a feeling it will be different and I am looking forward to it.

Why?
1) Asian Pride. I am Chinese. Though I am Malaysian Chinese but somehow I feel the significance of China hosting. The eyes of the world will be focused on Asia primarily China and Chinese people so we cannot lose face.

2) 080808. Wow! Such an auspicious day. This date is so significant to Chinese. Hoping some prosperity will flow to me, I must support the Olympics.

3) I am here in America watching the Olympics! It will be different. I will probably get round the clock updates and many more channels.

4) I kinda have more teams to support this year. USA, China and also Malaysia la. Though I don't really know who is competing from Malaysia but never mind, if got, I sure support loud loud.

5) The news here is USA have been saying that the opening ceremony will be one of the best that the world would see. If Americans can say that, I am definitely tuning in.

6) I am sooooo looking forward to watching gymnastics, swimming, tracks and diving.

7) I am not working, so I can watch anytime I want!!! :) don't be jealous!

8) My most auspicious reason is because I am so 8 8 8 (busybody in Chinese)!

Counting down to the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad, I got date tonight. Can't watch it. HAHA... Hope u enjoy the open ceremony later.

Bookmark