Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I am glad Shawn Johson won the gold medal


For all my bitching on how the American are such sore losers in gymnastics, I do think that the American women gymnasts are good! They gave beautiful performances and are worthy of the medals they won. I just hate all the complains from a lot of American parties when they don't win.

But I am so glad that American Shawn Johnson won the last women's gymnastic event on the balance beam. She is such a sweet girl. She won 3 silvers and I think gold was something that she really wanted to go home with. Also I am sure there is some level of rivalry with teamate Nastia Liukin who won her gold in individual all round. A medal that Shawn really wanted to get. Unfortunately she had to settle for silver.

But on the last event of women's gymnastic, her chance came and she grabbed it. Gold medal for her. Hurray!

She is just such a sweet sweet girl! Congratulations!

2 comments:

Josh said...

Yeah.. there were some controversial judging on the men's gymnastic though.. and it is clear for all to see..

Anonymous said...

Josh - all the controversies are kinda stupid. Just trust the system tht they have agreed to.

Bookmark